Child/Adolescent Mental Health Services
As any parent knows, younger children have much different needs than adolescents. For this reason St. Helena Hospital’s Center for Behavioral Health offers separate, age-specific areas for 3- to 12-year-olds and 13- to 18-year-olds. Both of these spaces feature safe, nurturing and active environments that include:
- Age-appropriate staff supervision
- Comprehensive clinical services
- A gym and other play areas
Healing With Work and Play
Our team of physicians, registered nurses, counselors and other professionals work with patients and their family members to prepare and carry out individualized plans of care. A doctor visits each patient every day to monitor his or her progress and answer any concerns.
- Educational groups focused on coping with each patient’s primary mental health needs
- Groups that help to develop social and communication skills
- Family group meetings and therapy sessions for information and support.
But it’s not all work in our child and adolescent mental health programs. Our patients also get to be kids, with age-specific group games and activities, as well as art, movement and play therapy sessions.
For more information, call us at 707.649.4040.